Wednesday, June 19, 2013

16/6/2013 - Day 7

Type: "Long Run"
HR Zone: >75% (156-160)
Schedule: At least 1hr 15min or 6-8 miles
Actual: 4.2 miles

I was looking forward to this run.  Felt good and the weather was nice.  Planned on doing a 4 mile out-and-back.  Cut it short and turned at the 3.5 mile point as my legs were feeling slightly sore and I didn't want to push it.
Then at the 4 mile point my left calf suddenly hurt.  A lot.  One step it was fine and then the next it nearly gave way under me.  I stopped, massaged it, stretched it and tried to set off again.  That was a bad idea.  So I walked home (luckily there is a short cut that meant I only had to limp home 2 miles!) with the constant panicky dread that I had ruined my training in the 1st week.
Cold bath and ice packs on my calf when I got home.  Pinpointed the problem as being the muscle responsible for when you stand on your toes.  Sat and felt sorry for myself all night :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment